4: Cube Race
This is a video contest is to see who can make the fastest 6x6x6 cube, starting with a flat hex sheet. You need a video camera that will record at a resolution of 640 x 480 or greater. Any brand of magnet spheres may be used, including magnet spheres by neocube and buckyball. Reward for first place is $50 plus one set of Zen Magnets. Second place gets a set of Zen Magnets. The deadline for submission is 1/31/11. [Edit: This contest is over. Results will be posted soon]
Many of the rules are common sense:
- Start from a flat hexagon sheet.
- A clock or stop watch must be visible and legible in video for the duration of the build.
- Magnets must never be fully off camera.
- The time is counted from when the hexagon sheet is picked up, to when the 6x6x6 cube is set down.
- One PVC card may be used. No other tools. No markings on magnets.
- Minimum recording resolution of 640 x 480 @ 30 frames per second.
- No video post processing except for cutting off extra footage at the start or end.
- Any brand of magnet spheres is acceptable.
- Video must be submitted as a video response to this video.
LET THE RACES BEGIN!